A powerful hallucinogenic drug found in several plants that can be smoked, snorted or mixed with ayahuasca
How the drug works varies from person to person
- How you might feel
- Tripped out, see or feel things that aren’t there and/or feel quiet, frightened, confused.
- Read more about how it feels
- Effects on your body
- Raised blood pressure, heart rate and feeling sick.
- Read more about effects on your body
- How long it takes to work
- Smoking DMT has an immediate effect. Can take much longer if taken orally.
- Read more about how long it takes to work
- How long the effects last
- DMT trips can be intense but don’t usually last very long.
- Read more about how long the effects last
- Common risks
- Raised heart rate, blood pressure and nausea/vomiting. DMT trips can trigger a mental health condition and lead to flashbacks.
- Read more about the risks
- Mixing drugs
- Mixing drugs is always risky but some mixtures are more dangerous than others.
- Read more about mixing with other drugs
Was this information useful?