A powerful stimulant that keeps people alert, usually sold as an off-white or pinkish powder – that sometimes look like small crystals
How the drug works varies from person to person
- How you might feel
- Alert, energised, wide-awake and/or agitated, panicked, chatty.
- Read more about how it feels
- Effects on your body
- Can make you feel more energised but also stop you feeling hungry. You might find it really hard to sleep.
- Read more about effects on your body
- How long it takes to work
- A few minutes on average when snorted.
- Read more about how long it takes to work
- How long the effects last
- 3 - 6 hours on average.
- Read more about how long the effects last
- Common risks
- A speed ‘comedown’ can last for days. Some people say they feel exhausted and sad after taking it. There is a risk when using a range of stimulant drugs at the same time. This can put your heart under a lot of stress.
- Read more about the risks
- Mixing drugs
- Mixing drugs is always risky but some mixtures are more dangerous than others.
- Read more about mixing with other drugs
Was this information useful?